Why Choose Chicken?
Check out these reasons to choose chicken, America’s favorite protein.
It’s no surprise that Americans eat more chicken than any other protein, and for good reason. Shoppers across the nation love its taste, nutritional value, affordability, sustainability & versatility – chicken is a table-pleaser for eaters of all ages.
Our Bodies Love Chicken
- It’s a high-quality, complete protein.
- It builds muscle and strengthens bones.
- It supports weight loss and flexes with various diets (Keto, Paleo, Mediterranean, Dietary Guidelines for Americans).
- It delivers vital, under-consumed nutrients, such as magnesium, potassium, choline, vitamin B12 and iron.
Our Brains Love Chicken
- Chicken contains tryptophan, an amino acid linked with increasing levels of serotonin — the “feel good” neurochemical.
- It contains vitamin B12 and choline, which together, may promote brain development in children, help the nervous system function properly and aid cognitive performance in older adults.
Our Planet Loves Chicken
- Chicken is more sustainable than ever before!
- It takes 75% fewer natural resources to produce today than it did in 1965.
- It requires 58% less water and 72% less farmland than it did 54 years ago.
More Reasons to Love Chicken
- Chicken is a meal that’s a people-pleaser for all ages.
- It’s more affordable than other types of poultry, beef or pork.
- It’s one of the most accessible sources of protein.
- It plays an important role in nutrition through the stages of life.
Learn More Safety & Handling Tips
Chicken can only power your body when it is fully cooked.
Four simple words – Clean, Separate, Cook and Chill – can serve as reminders to always handle and cook food safely to reduce the risk of illness to you and your family.
For Foodservice Operators
Visit our site for culinary professionals and learn how chicken served to patrons is raised and produced.