21 Jan Chicken Wing-onomics 2020
Americans will be “winging it” during the Big Game! This year, Americans will eat an estimated record-breaking 1.4 billion chicken wings during Super Bowl LIV weekend – or approximately 27 million more wings (a two percent increase) than last year’s Super Bowl weekend.
To picture just how 1.4 billion chicken wings stack up…
- 1.4 billion wings laid end to end would stretch the entire Florida coastline, home of Super Bowl LIV, more than 9 times
- 1.4 billion wings could circle the circumference of the Earth 3 times
- 175 million pounds of wings weigh 1,500 times as much as an entire NFL team and three of their team busses
- 1.4 billion wings are enough to give every attendee of every Super Bowl since 1967 each 342 wings
- If each wing were one second, it would equal 45 years
We’ve compiled some stats in this infographic to put all those wings – and the National Chicken Council’s 2020 Wing Report – into perspective.