Why Choose Chicken?
It’s no surprise that Americans eat more chicken than any other protein, and for good reason. Shoppers across the nation love its affordability & versatility – chicken is a table-pleaser for eaters of all ages. Among other nutrient benefits, chicken is an efficient dietary source of protein and provides all 9 essential amino acids. Did you also know chicken is one of the most sustainable animal proteins? That’s correct – in fact, chicken farmers have significantly reduced the use of water, farmland, electricity and other valuable resources. Yes, chicken tastes good AND it’s good for you AND its sustainable!
Check out these reasons to choose chicken, America’s favorite mealtime bird…
Our Bodies Love Chicken
- It’s a high-quality, complete protein.
- It builds muscle and strengthens bones.
- It supports weight loss and flexes with various diets (Keto, Paleo, Mediterranean, Dietary Guidelines for Americans).
- It delivers vital, under-consumed nutrients, such as magnesium, potassium, iron, vitamins A, D, E and C.
Our Brains Love Chicken
- Chicken contains tryptophan, an amino acid linked with increasing levels of serotonin — the “feel good”
- It contains vitamin B12 and choline, which together, may promote brain development in children, help the nervous system function properly and aid cognitive performance in older adults.
Our Planet Loves Chicken
More Reasons to Love Chicken
- Chicken is a meal that’s a people-pleaser for all ages.
- It’s more affordable than other types of poultry, beef or pork.
- It’s one of the most accessible sources of protein.
- It plays an important role in nutrition through the stages of life.